Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Steve jobs's speech which still Inspires me

I am not much in to Gadgets/technology, but I have a soft corner for Apple items. Their innovation /design and maintaining the standard of products always inspires me . I guess it gets these values from the founder Steve Jobs.

Whenever I feel low, I listen to this inspiring speech given by Steve Jobs at Stanford university. He sums up his entire life in 3 stories , each one giving us so much food for thought. I have encountered very few people who love doing what they do for living. In life , we compromise ,because following our heart has many hurdles on its way. As Steve job says ,"Only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work, and the only way to do great work is to love what you do'. For us, work means a pay check at the end of the month. I guess that is why people are frustrated with what they do because they are not in love with it.

If you ask me, I am still not sure what is it that I love doing . I am still searching for that one thing for which I would be ready to risk every comfort of life just the way Steve Jobs did when he dropped out of college. " You've got to find what you love, and that is as true for work as it is for your lovers." Now that I found my love in personal life, time to find my love at work.

No comments: