Because of my new job role, I do not have to be in office if I chose not to. So, I kind of have this love-hate relationship with working from home.
- I miss walking to a colleague's desk for a pending work and look at her like a cute puppy to get the answer.
- I hate listening to a voice mail of a colleague when I want to reach him/her immediately.
- I miss the lunch breaks where we girls would vow to go on diet and then share cheese quesadilla.
- I miss the early morning wishes before we start work, which used to end only when someone had to rush for a meeting.
- I hate waking up and logging in to meetings. Believe me, it is not as nice as it sounds:(
- I hate working from bed (trying to change it!), I feel like a lazy woman without any purpose in life!
- I love working from home when I have lot of work, I can shut down everything around( which is nothing) and just concentrate.
- I love welcoming Sudhir home in the evening .
- I love the long walks and badminton games in the evening which would not have happened if I had to drive home from work.
- I hate being so close to the kitchen that each time I feel like taking a break, I just go and open the kitchen shelf.
- I love listening to music loud when I am working. Listening on ear phone at office is so not same.
- I hate hearing my mom say "You are home all day, why don't you cook something nice!"- Hello!!, I am home, but I do work!
- I love talking to my mom/mil in the mornings (their night time) , so we do not have to rush to their cooking and not get enough time for my call.
- I hate knowing, Sudhir is the only person I see the entire day , until my walk .
It amazes me how much additional time we get if we do not have to drive to office. Time to get organized and use all that courses I took on Time management?